Loopyloo over at My Baffling Brain and Ermie at Just Ermie both nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. So excited about this. There are some rules here, so let me just get those copied and pasted...
1. Nominate 15 others for the award and inform them with a comment on each of their blogs.
2. Create a post for the Versatile Blogger Award.
3. In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
4. In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
5. In the same post, include this set of rules.
I'm sorry, but I don't have 15 people to nominate. I'm just starting to take this blogging thing seriously so I'll nominate who I can. Plus, this award has been going around and I keep bumping into sites that already have it.
So some stuff about me:
- My real name is Jennifer. Once, a million years ago, a guy I was chatting with thought he was being smart by asking "Hey, can I call you Jen?" "Sure" "How about Jenny" "No" "I think I'll call you Nifer" "I don't effing care, just stop talking to me" But it stuck in my head so that's that.
- I am a veteran. I served for 4 years in the US Army. Soldiering was not my calling.
- I believe the Ninth Doctor is the BEST Doctor. Don't even try to argue with me on that.
- My favorite seasons -in order of Greatest to Worst: Winter, Spring, Fall, Summer. Summer used to be #2, back when I could spend a whole summer in a lake and/or wandering around the neighborhood in a bathing suit for 6 weeks straight, but that's really not acceptable after the age of 10. Now I 'm one of those people who complains about how hot it is when the temps hit 85. Don't get me started on humidity.
- Between the ages of 6 and 22-ish I was terrified of zombies. Like, lay in bed at night, completely still, trying not to breath so they don't get me (because for some reason the were UNDER the bed or just outside my window) terrified. Now I love them.
- I went through the five stages of grief over the series finale of Lost.
- I am totally convinced that I will win the lottery some day even though I can't even match the Power Ball on any of my tickets.
Absconditus Creations I like the drawings on this site. They kind of make me think of some of Neil Gaimans books, like Coraline or The Grave Yard Book.
Marissa Yasmine at 6 for my day. She describes her days in 6 word sentences, among other randomness (yay randomness).
Eliza Wynn at Ellie's Couch. This very motivated individual has entered three (that's 3) blogs into the A to Z Challenge. You can visit the others at Ellie's Blank Book and Help Michigan Pets.